- Data Source Design Best Practices
- Dimension Design Best Practices
- Cube Design Best Practices (Not limited to ROLAP, MOLAP, HOLAP)
- Partition Design Best Practices (Cube and Relational Database)
- Aggregation Design Best Practices
- Designing a database for Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
databases is very different from designing a database for
Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and requires a different
approach for achieving optimal results.
Utilizing these best practices, Datum has increased processing performance and hardware utilization, decreased power consumption, simplified manageability through standardization, and increased availability for our customers.